A nation that appreciates and internalises the full value and contribution of forest towards global sustainability
MTCC is committed to strengthen the MTCS to realise the full value and contribution of forestthrough sustainable forest management and chain of custody certification
The MTCC is an independent organisation established in October 1998 to develop and operate the voluntary Malaysian Timber Certification Scheme (MTCS). Incorporated under the Companies Act 1965 as a company limited by guarantee, MTCC is governed by a Board of Trustees and started its operation in January 1999.
- Be the national governing body (NGB) which has overall responsibility for the MTCS.
- Support the standard-setting process by serving as the secretariat to the appropriate standard setting body in formulating standards related to timber certification and keeping them under review periodically.
- Process applications for MTCS notification of Certification Bodies (CBs) operating forest management system and/or chain of custody certification and issuance of logo usage licenses to Certificate Holders.
- Implement a procedure for the investigation and resolution of disputes, complaints and appeals related to its role as the NGB.
- Liaise closely with the national accreditation body and other certification organisations in matters related to timber certification
- Coordinate with national, regional and international bodies related to timber certification to facilitate cooperation and mutual recognition arrangements.
- Conduct programmes to promote and publicise the MTCS, both locally and internationally.
An applicant for MTCS notification will be informed of the decision in 14 working days from the date of receiving the said application.
An applicant for logo usage licence will be informed of the decision regarding the application not later than 14 working days from the date of receiving the said application.