In line with the Process and Timelines for the Review of the MC&I(Natural Forest), the first 60-day Public Comment on the MC&I(Natural Forest) had been conducted from 16 November 2015 to 15 January 2016.
Sixteen organisations have submitted feedback, as follows:
- Forestry Department of Peninsular Malaysia (FDPM)
- Asiatic Organic Farm Sdn Bhd
- Zedtee Sdn Bhd
- Penang Institute
- Forever Sabah (LEAP)
- Nature, Ecology and People Consult Sdn Bhd (NEPCon)
- WCS – Malaysia Program
- Sabah Forestry Department
- Global Environment Centre (GEC)
- Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM)
- Department of Irrigation and Drainage Malaysia
- Timberwell Bhd
- Malaysian Timber Council (MTC)
- Jabatan Tenaga Kerja Sarawak
- TH Plantations Bhd
Please “click” on the organisation link to view the feedback, comments and proposals submitted.
The feedback received will be tabled at the First Meeting of the Standards Review Committee (SRC) for deliberation, tentatively scheduled to be held from 12 – 14 April 2016. The SRC is the main body responsible for the review of the MC&I(Natural Forest), comprised of 15-member representatives from the environment, industry, indigenous people, worker and relevant government agencies from Sabah, Sarawak and Peninsular Malaysia.
As the Secretariat, MTCC takes this opportunity to thank all the stakeholders for making the effort to study the MC&I(Natural Forest) and in submitting your comments and proposals.
Should you have any enquiries regarding the review process, please send an email to email@example.com.