The Public Consultation on MC&I for Forest Management Certification had been conducted from 20 May 2019 to 19 July 2019 to solicit feedback on the Enquiry Draft in line with the Process and Timelines for the Review of MC&I(Natural Forest).
A total of 26 organisations have submitted feedback, as follows:
- Bar Council – Committee on Orang Asli Rights
- Federation of Orang Ulu Sarawak
- Forest Research Institute Malaysia
- Independent Consultant
- Jabatan Perhutanan Negeri Johor
- Jabatan Tenaga Kerja Sarawak
- Jabatan Perhutanan Semenanjung Malaysia
- Jabatan Perhutanan Negeri Terengganu
- Malaysian Environmental NGOs
- Malaysian Nature Society
- Malaysian Wood Industries Association
- Natural Resource and Environment Board Sarawak
- Sabah Forest Industries Sdn Bhd
- Sabah Forestry Department
- Sarawak Dayak Iban Association
- Sarawak Timber Association
- Samling Timber Sdn Bhd
- Sapulut Forest Development Sdn Bhd
- Shin Yang Forestry Sdn Bhd
- State Attorney General’s Chambers Sarawak
- Suruhanjaya Hak Asasi Manusia Malaysia
- Ta Ann Holding Berhad
- Universiti Putra Malaysia Kampus Bintulu
- WCS Malaysia Program
- WWF Malaysia
- Yayasan Hasanah
- Zedtee Sdn Bhd
You may view the feedback, comments and proposals submitted by clicking on the organisation.
The feedback received will be tabled at the Fifth Meeting of the Standards Review Committee (SRC) for deliberation scheduled to be held from 9 – 11 December 2019. The SRC is the main body responsible for the review of the MC&I(Natural Forest), comprising 15-member representatives from the environment, industry, indigenous people and worker groups and relevant government agencies from Sabah, Sarawak and Peninsula.
As the Secretariat, MTCC takes this opportunity to thank all the stakeholders for making the effort to study the Enquiry Draft and in submitting your comments and proposals for amendement.
Should you have any enquiries regarding the review process, please send an email to email@example.com.